Tuesday, April 2, 2013

When did this happen???

Adulthood hits you hard.  I never realized how uncool and old I was until I yelled at my freshman neighbor for playing his music too loud.  It took me a while to realize what happened but when it did it hit me like a ton of bricks.  It made me wonder in what other ways I have grown older.  I have a job, pay all of my bills, pay for my education, actually look forward to sleeping in, am addicted to coffee and no longer find my favorite childhood comedy, Kung Pow, funny anymore.  I then remembered how clueless I was as a freshman in college.  I remember how scared and vulnerable I felt my first day at Fresno State when I saw my parents drive away after dropping me off.  I had no idea what I was doing at such a big school and had no idea what to expect.  I surely didn't expect to mature as I have.  I am fortunate to have been successful and often have freshman ask me questions.  Although it is strange being one of the older students on campus and one year away from graduation I am grateful for my experience and have learn to come to grips with the fact that I am older.  With age comes wisdom (usually), and in my case I love being able to mentor those who were nervous freshman like I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment